Christmas Vaycay at the Cabin


We headed up to the cabin the day after Christmas with Scott's parents.  It was so pretty and fun outside!  And cold, but of course these are some of the shortest, coldest days of winter! We ventured outside for play and inside to warm up, repeating as necessary.  We also watched a number of John Wayne movies that I got for Christmas.  Winter is for blankets, books, and John Wayne...proving that you can teach an old lady new tricks!  A few years ago I wouldn't have watched a western to save my life!  But I digress...some photos of our fun...

Clearing the rink...




Enjoying the rink...




Late afternoon sunsets...


Fun with the pup...



Improvised solution for music to skate to...


The girls and I stayed a few days longer than Scott and his folks did.  We chose not to try to take the Toyota up the driveway and instead snow machined our stuff out. Not gonna lie--I felt like pretty authentic Alaskan after loading the sled, driving it down the driveway and loading it all in the car!


Comments