My Birthday


We spent the week right before school started at the cabin.  After going in all different directions all summer long it was nice to all be in one place, together.  At the end of the week we also celebrated my birthday, our first cabin birthday!  We did some small projects and had lots of fun.  We fished, wired, baked, played outside, swang on the bouy swing, hiked...we just enjoyed ourselves!


Kelsey and I went for a walk in the woods one day...


A friend came and stayed for a few days in the middle, and that was such fun!  It was also nice to have an extra set of hands when we discovered the previous owners had sprayed expanding foam insulation into all of our switch and receptacle boxes.  A few of them had gotten hot and melted some.  Luckily Scott found it (while tracing down some open grounds) before anything terrible happened.

I spent some time using the weed whacker.  I really like weed whacking...the results are so visible so quickly.  Very rewarding!


We did some little projects, too.  We hung some blinds...


Scott and Stacy built a bench that fits under the table for when we have guests...


Stacy and I varnished it while Kelsey and Scott practiced shooting just outside of where we were working, hence Stacy's hearing protection above.


And Kelsey finished up a crib she made for Stacy's baby doll.  Now the bunk beds can be under the crib and we have plenty of doll bedding options!


On my birthday, the girls and I spent some time trying to teach ourselves to make birch bark baskets.  We had some success and a lot of fun!  We encountered mama moose and her calf while we were harvesting bark from some trees we had cut down, so we headed back up to the house at that point!  It was fun to see them in the wild, though!





The girls made me this great mosiac for my birthday...


We went fishing in the afternoon and Scott gave us a push home when our peddle boating was going too slowly...


At the end of the week we put the jet ski away for the summer.  I headed back to work on Monday and school started Wednesday.  It really was our last summer hurrah.  Can't think of a better way to have spent it! :-)

Comments