Book Review--Look and Live



Look and Live
by Matt Papa

This book is a tough one for me.  I really wanted to like it...to love it, really!  It sounded so great!  When I sat down to read it though, I was overwhelmed.  It felt like I was having a conversation with someone who has to do all of the talking.  I felt written 'at' instead of written 'to'.  There's lots of good stuff in this book, lots of great 'sound bytes' for sure.  It just didn't read well to me. 

Having said all of that, my favorite chapter was Chapter 7, Glory and Missions.  Papa says that, "Yes, worship is the fuel of missions, but worship is also the goal of missions."  It's cyclical.  That resonated with me!  Later he goes on to say that, "Love is your good at my cost.".  Yes!  Real love is putting someone else's needs above your own.  As a mother this is far from foreign to me.  Culturally though, we are trained to see love as stuff not service.  Big difference! 

All in all, a good read.  Pick it up!

 Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.  

Comments