A Visitor!

I was absent from this space for a bit while my brother was here visiting.  What fun we had!  We sat around and talked, baked all manner of things, and made a trip up to our friends' cabin in Trapper Creek.  It was an amazingly beautiful couple of days up there!

Friday morning dawned with a lovely sunrise...


The girls were very excited to find that our friends had a new addition to the fun...


Trampoline at 24 degrees?  Apparently!  Before long we were out skating on the lake.  Don't worry...our friends had been at the cabin the week before and drilled the ice. 8 inches thick!  There's no snow, so it was really cool to see all of the air bubbles trapped in the ice and the expansion cracks that happen as the ice moves up in the lake.


Before we knew it we were skating in the sunshine!

 

Friday afternoon we went for a little walk in the woods...


...when we heard a familiar sound overhead!  Sure enough our friends had popped by for a quick visit!



Kael and I were lucky enough to get to take a quick little flight around the area.  Again...beautiful!



As the sun set that evening the kids talked me into jumping with them on the trampoline.  What fun!  I haven't jumped on one in forever, but I'm not going to lie...I had a blast!!



We finished off the day watching How To Train Your Dragon 2 (fantastic movie!) and then we were treated to a light show by Mother Nature!

It was chilly...18 degrees!  But we lasted outside for about an hour.  The lights started off slowly but then really got dancing.  I was so glad Kael got to experience it...there is really no way to describe those dancing lights!

I think I'll stop now and give you a little break, dear reader!  I'll be back soon with a post about Saturday's fun!

Comments