The Sun, Some Critters, and Some Smiles

You know that feeling you have when you have been really busy but then you sit down and you can't really remember what you've been so busy doing?  That's me right now!

Last Thursday a friend and I decided to make a last minute, quick run into town.  We spent a couple of hours (!!) at JoAnn's after a quick stop at Starbucks.  It was a great way to spend some time...and a beautiful day for a drive into town!


On Friday the girls' school had a field trip over to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. The kids were invited for a sneak-peek at their Halloween event.  It was so much fun!


We got a last look at the bears before they go to sleep for the season.  That moose up there was pretty funny, too!  He was not quite sure about us and and was really checking out the large group of kids.  Of course the kids loved his sniffing and snorting!

Saturday the girls and I participated in the Frightening 4K in Anchorage with some friends.  It was a lot of fun!  We dressed as a group, as dominoes.  The kids had a great time and they are already planning next year's costumes! My kids are a bit nervous about Halloween, so we have been focusing on finding fun things to do rather than scary things.


Sunday was a great mama day!  I went to Girdwood for the monthly meeting of my book club.  We just finished up Gone Girl which is also a movie, now in theaters.  It was a great book, full of twists and turns that you just don't see coming!  As long as I am plugging books, if you haven't read Unbroken be sure to pick that one up, too.  It's a biography of Louis Zamperini who was an Olympic runner, a bombardier in WWII, spent 30+ days on a life raft in the pacific, was a Japanese POW, survived, came back to the US and went through some PTSD stuff and then became in inspirational speaker.  An incredible man who lead an incredible life!!  It's going to be a movie too...due on out Christmas Day last I checked.

Anyway...after a great book club brunch I went out to dinner with another friend who I just don't get to see often enough!  A corner table found the two of us chatting away the hours, enjoying the amazing food at Jack Sprat, one of my favorite restaurants in Girdwood.  If you go, you have to eat the yam fries.  They are to.die.for!  Have whatever you want for dinner, it's all good, but do not skip the yam fry appetizers.  Just don't!

So that brings us to today...and I guess there was a reason I felt like I had a busy and fun weekend...because I did!  Hope you did too!

Comments

  1. That sounds like a LOT of fun. Bummed I missed it! looking forward to catching up soon though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment