Book Review--Dirty Faith


Dirty Faity
by David Z. Nowell

One of my favorite lines from this book caputres the essence of what Nowell has to say to us, "There are times in God's Word when we're demanded to call on a faith that pushes us to step beyond our level of comfort and encounter a world that is not always pretty, not always easy, not always nice."  This is not always an easy book to read.  Nowell challenges us to reconsider our "arm's length Christianity" by reminding us that "You cannot be intimate with God and distant from those he loves." Ouch.  Drawing on his personal experiences as president of Hope Unlimited, Nowell illustrates his point through poignant vignettes.

I honestly read this book with a tissue in one hand and a highlighter in the other! It was a book I enjoyed reading, but a book I had to read slowly because it gave me so much to think about and pray about.  I can see this being a book I revisit because this is a subject matter that is close to my heart.

Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.  

Comments