Book Review--Simplify


Simplify 
by Bill Hybels

This book identifies ten key areas to explore if you feel that you are stretched too thin in your daily life or there's not enough of you to go around.  Each area gets a dedicated chapter, some personal stories from Hybels' life and experience and ends with some action steps to help you further explore the ideas presented in the chapter and possible ways you can apply them to your life.

I found this book to be surprisingly helpful, given that on more days than not I am lucky not to feel "Overscheduled. Exhausted. Overwhelmed." as presented on the dust jacket.  With that said, Hybels advice on looking into your life with some specific things in mind really struck a chord with me.  One of the final chapters titled "From Stuck to Moving On, welcoming new season in your life" was especially poignant for me.  As my children grow I find myself constantly reassessing my relationships with them and how our family functions to help them hone the skills they need in each season of their life.  What they needed when they were 4 is different from what they need at 7.  As Hybel writes, "With the frenetic pace of our culture, the decibel level in our heads makes it very hard to hear God's quiet whispers." So true!  So grab this book, read it, slowly simplify your life, and listen for His whispers along the way!

Thank you to Tyndale for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.   

Comments