Kindness: Pass It On


Today is World Kindness Day.  If ever there was a random day of celebration that I can get behind, this is it!  I printed a few of these 'take a smile' posters today and taped them up around the building. 


I also visited one of my favorite websites, Kind Over Matter and printed these and these for the girls. The teachers at school had bombed the school with kind notes.  I took pictures of a few of them...


 I just finished reading this book

get yours!
and it is fabulous.  The kind of book that makes you want to be a better human.  One that I can easily see myself reading again and again.  It really spoke to my newfound rawness that I shared about here. The rawness that has taken my 'happy crier' tendancies to a whole new level.  This weekend at my conference I again found myself frequently either in tears or near tears.  The student performances are a crying 'for sure' for me, but then presentations about the effects of childhood trauma trigger me too.  Not just for the sad trauma, but for the fact that there are people out there who care enough to research it and share that information with the world.  That there are schools like the amazing Lincoln Alternative School in Walla Walla, WA.  Don't you dare click 'play' without a tissue nearby!

The Health Center at Lincoln from The Health Center on Vimeo.


This kind of stuff just breaks my heart and heals it all at once.  It's that reminder that I need every single day that we belong to each other.  All of us human beings.  Let's be kind and take care of each other.     

Comments