Hello, Monday!

Hello there!  Hope you had a great weekend, friend!  The girls and I spent all day on Saturday in town.  We left here at 8am and got home at 8pm.  That's a special kind of exhaustion, let me tell you!  The good news is we got almost everything crossed off mama's 'to do in town' list.  Yippee!

One of our stops on Saturday was at the hospital to visit a friend of ours who is recovering from a surgery.  He's our 'Whittier Grandpa'--he and his wife have become a part of our family here in town.  It was the girls' first hospital visit and I was so proud of them!  I think hospitals can be pretty overwhelming and scary and seeing someone you love in bed instead of in his recliner is pretty disconcerting.  He is recovering well and the girls had made him little cards which he was delighted to recieve.  Kelsey had tons of questions about machines, the bed, the bathroom, the white board, and the list goes on.  Stacy was a bit shyer.  I had done lots of preparation talking before we got there about what it might be like.  On our way out we were de-briefing how it went and one of the girls said, "It was a little scary, but I think it made him happy that we came and I bet it won't be as scary the next time we go visit someone."  Yup.  That pretty much sums it up, kiddo!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you're reading this from someplace in Alaska you're already well aware of our bizzare weather this fall.  As in we actually had a fall that lasted more than two weeks.  It's actually still going on!  We've yet to have a hard freeze here in Whittier and have had no more than a dusting of snow, way back in September.  Just for reference, we were skating last October!!  We are loving this extended fall.  It was 38 in Anchorage on Saturday...so warm!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello again!  You didn't even know I left, but I just found this open window.  Guess I didn't quite finish up yesterday.  Oh well!  I'm off to a meeting and a conference for the rest of the week, so if you don't hear from me don't worry!

Comments