On My Own

Inside my head is a messy, messy place!  There's  so much 'to do' that sometimes gets confused with 'want to do'.  Add in a healthy dash of mama-worry, a sprinkling of guilt and a splash of 'I wonder what they think of me' and there you are.  I know I'm not the first or only woman to navigate these waters...but nonetheless it is all new to me.  When the kids are at school I feel like it is my job to always be doing to something for someone else.  I'm pretty much ready to go back to work, but that opening hasn't presented itself so I am trying to make the most of this time.  Doing too much stuff that I want to do makes me feel horribly guilty.  Silly, I know.  With all of that in mind, maybe you can understand what a big deal it was for me to go take Monday afternoon and go hiking.  By myself. It was just too nice to stay inside!  And those kind of days are rapidly fleeing my zip code like refugees from a war-torn country!  So...I hiked.  And it was pretty!  So good to have my nature tank refilled and be re-centered in His creation.  Of course I brought along my BFF, my camera!

Comments