Sewing again!

Hey.  You want to know a couple of secrets about how awesome I am?  OK...here goes!

:: Today I finished a dress for Stacy that should have been done before school started...

:: I actually took these two skirts out of the dirty clothes and ironed them to photograph them today

:: I still have two more dresses to cut out and sew.  They should have been done 2 weeks ago too!

Oh well...I'm getting there!  Summer doesn't leave much time for sewing, but fall does!  I tried some patterns from  Oliver + S this year and I have to say that I loved them!  The directions are clear and the garments finish up nicely.  They have taken care with the details, and I appreciate that.  First up, the Family Reunion Dress for Stacy...



She's been patiently waiting for this...I think she's going to love it!!  I love the way the neckline is done.  For you sewists out there, it's a facing that you turn to the outside instead of to the inside, so it gives it nice detail and it sews up with everything enclosed.  No flappy facings to deal with!  Next up, the Badminton Skirt in blue for Kelsey...



Don't you love that scalloped hem?  So cute!  The best part is that this pattern features built-in shorts underneath the skirt.  Perfect for wiggleworms like my ladies!  Here's another Hopscotch Skirt in pink for Stacy...



Next up is a Geranium Dress for each of the girls.  I made one for Stacy earlier in the spring, so hopefully these will go together fairly quickly...

Comments