Make Something Every Day

I read something the other day challenging us to make something every day.  I decided it was a great challenge to take part in...I am happy when I am making things!  On Monday (and Sunday and Tuesday if we're being completely honest here....) I made these new wall hangings for my bedroom. 


It is art that I love by the amazing Katie Daisy.  I want everything she does, but alas my budget doesn't stretch quite that far.  Instead I bought her 2013 calendar and dissected it, then Mod Podged the art to 12x12 canvases.  You can see that they aren't all perfect, but neither am I so I guess we're a good match.  Mod Podge and I have a love-hate relationship.  When I do it and it turns out well, I love it.  When it doesn't...well I don't love it so much!

On Monday night I made these with the girls..


We are celebrating Dr. Seuss week at school this week and Tuesday's theme was the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish so we did these patches using iron-on transfer paper and then I stitched one to each of our shirts.

Tuesday night we decorated our flip flops for today's reading of The Foot Book for which the theme is 'fancy feet'.  Here are mine...and my fancy toes, too!


Tuesday night I also nearly polished off the bottle of Mod Podge making these little guys (3inx3in) using the pictures from the back cover of the calendar.  I think I'll make magnets out of them...


And finally, here's something I've been working on for awhile...since the end of January.  An afghan.  I know!  When I think of afghans I think of my grandma, which I guess is part of why I am making it.  It was a great project when I was traveling in February and although saying the words "I am making an afghan" make me feel 87 years old, I love it.  It's not my usual style...but it makes me happy!


It's not quite done yet...more squares to make and lots of ends to wind in...a true work in progress!

Comments