Book Review--Miracle for Jen


This is an absolutely heart wrenching story.  The author's family was in a horrific car accident in November of 2006.  The fact that they all survived is a miracle, and the miracles would just keep coming for the Barrik family.  Their son Josh escaped with minor injuries, but Linda, Andy, and their daughter Jen suffered major injuries.  Jen spent 5 weeks in a coma and this book chronicles her family's journey through the two years following the accident.  As they each went through various surgeries, therapies, rehabs, etc. they continued to praise God and see him at work in their family and community.

I found this book to be very engaging and yet hard to read.  This family's accident was terrifying and I often had to step away from the book because it was just too intense for me.  But it needs to be that way in order for it to really effect you, I think.  The chapters toward the end where Linda discusses the changes that were worked in her to realized how God was at work although he did not completely heal her daughter are profound.  This is a family with true strength and faith.

Thank you to Tyndale for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.   

Comments