Hello from Juneau!

Hello there!  I am in Juneau this weekend for some school board work and to lobby our legislature on behalf of education.  I am so glad to live in a state where the population is small enough that people can sit down 1 on 1 or in small groups with our elected officials and have a chance to tell them what's important to us and why.  What a fantastic opportunity!

Yesterday I had an hour or so to walk around town and of course I took some pictures...

mural at Juneau Community Charter School

Juneau really is such a neat city--or at least this historic downtown part that I get to visit when I make these trips.  It is very colorful...


It is hilly...


And everywhere you look there are lots of stairs to get up and down those hills...


Today the sun even peeked out for a bit...such a treat!  I have to share this picture just for fun...I love macro photography and this image from yesterday just makes me happy...


We are visiting with legislators again tomorrow and then headed back to Anchorage tomorrow.  It has been a busy four days, but there's been lots of fun moments.  It is amazing how quickly a group of such great people becomes like family.  Every time we get together we have such fun catching up on what's going on in different parts of the state and in people's lives.  I really am grateful for such a supportive and inclusive group of like-minded colleagues!  And it's fun to have an excuse to dust off the dress clothes and heels too! ;-)

Comments