Done!


Look what happened this weekend!  I finally finished up the new duvet cover I've been working on for my bed.  As I put it onto the bed on Saturday I kicked myself...really it didn't take me that long to finish it...why didn't get my butt in gear sooner???  Oh well...it's done now and I love it!

Here it is in 'action' so to speak...I apologize for the crappy lighting.  It was late and I am too lazy to fix it tonight!  Next on the to-do list...new pillowcases!


Because this is a daily-use/abuse item I fully admit that I took some shortcuts here and there.  As you can see, there are a few puckers where I quilted it. Adds character!  The bottom edge is also simply serged and I used ribbon ties to close the opening.  I added D rings to my comforter (because that's what I had on hand!) and ribbon ties to the inside of the duvet cover so that I could tie the top edge of the comforter in, too.

And here's my favorite detail.  The quilting.  Because it gets played on by rambunctious little girls (our bed makes a great swimming pool, animal hospital, school, and store among other things!) I wanted to quilt the top to the sheet I used to back it to make it more sturdy.  This is part of what held me up for so long!  Finally (as I was sitting at the machine on Saturday!) I decided on a zig-zag.  This quilt was just crazy enough to pull it off.  As I look at it now, I think it was the finishing touch it needed!


So. Is it perfect?  No.  Does it make me happy?  Yes!  And in my books, that's what matters most!

Comments