Book Review--The Search Committee



The Search Committee is Tim Owens' first novel. It follows the search committee from a southern small-town church as they travel the surrounding area trying to choose a new pastor for their church. There are bumps in the road along the way, and at times the story moved a little slowly for my taste.

The characters are developed in a very believable way. Many of them are so easy to relate to that you feel as if you've known them for awhile. As the search committee travels around we also learn a bit more about each character and his or her own personal struggles.

The high point of the book for me was the use of actual sermons as a part of the story. The authors are credited in the beginning should you want to read more. The author chose powerful excerpts to illustrate his story.

Overall a good book, if a bit slow!

Thank you to Tyndale for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

Comments