This Week's Recipe--Macaroni and Cheese

This recipe intrigued me because it's so much like the old standard I usually make, but it had just a few different ingredients that I'd never thought of as being part of macaroni and cheese--mustard and an egg!

The Recipe
This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks which I now own! You can also get the recipe for free over on her website here and at the very bottom there's a printable copy.

Andrea's Kitchen
I followed this recipe as written...almost! I didn't have dry mustard, so after Googling I found that you can substitute 1T prepared mustard for 1t dry mustard. I also used nonfat milk because it's what I had on hand. And just to save you some Googling if you (like me!) don't have a kitchen scale, 1lb grated cheddar is about equal to 4c.

The Verdict
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! The mustard is my favorite ingredient. It adds some tang without being overpowering. I made it for dinner when some friends were over and everyone liked it, particularly her son. He ate two heaping platefuls! I'll bet you will, too....

Comments