This Week's Recipe--Four-Cheese Pasta Florentine

Photo from Kraftfoods.com

The Recipe
This week's recipe is another from the latest issue of Food & Family from Kraft Foods.com. I probably already mentioned this, but Food & Family got me hooked back when it was a free magazine. Now you have to pay for it, but they almost always have recipes I like in it so I pay. Even though it's nothing more than a Kraft advertisement. That I pay for. Anyway...I digress!

A printable version of this recipe can be found here.

Ingredients

3 cups mostaccioli, uncooked
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated parmesan

HEAT oven to 375ºF.

COOK pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook spinach as directed on package; drain well. Place in large bowl. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in cottage cheese and eggs until well blended.

DRAIN pasta. Add to spinach mixture with mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish; top with Parmesan.

BAKE 25 min. or until center is set.

Andrea's Kitchen
I followed this recipe fairly closely. I didn't have mostaccioli so I used some other tube-shaped pasta--rigtoni maybe?

The Verdict
Not too bad, but it needs a little garlic or something. At the risk of sounding like a wannabe Food Network host, it tasted kind of flat. And the kids didn't go for the spinach. At all. Kelsey ate it because I told her it would make her muscles strong (hey--it worked for Popeye!), but Stacy didn't buy it. Scott and I liked it though. When I make it again I'll add garlic and delete the spinach.


Comments