Bonus Recipe!

I am posting this because I just finished eating a sandwich made using this bread and it was DELICIOUS!! I know I have been pretty excited about the no-knead bread making methods from the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book and I have gotten one recipe from the book down pat (although I've never gotten their technique for storing dough in the fridge to work) I have still been wanting to eat more wheat bread. Adding wheat flour the the recipe I've been using made it not rise as well, so when I saw this recipe in a Taste of Home cooking magazine I was excited to try it.

The Recipe

Ingredients

1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons molasses
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
Additional melted butter, optional

Directions

Generously coat an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine water, orange juice, melted butter, molasses, flour, dry milk, yeast and salt; beat on high for 3 minutes (dough will be sticky). Spoon dough into prepared pan.

Cover pan with lightly greased plastic wrap; let rise 60-90 minutes or until dough rises to the top of the pan.

Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Brush with additional melted butter if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).

Andrea's Kitchen
I skipped the salt and the brushing with melted butter.

The Results

Moist and delicious! You gotta try this one!

Comments

Post a Comment