Alone

Well, I spent a few days alone last week while Scott and the girls made a quick trip down to Washington to surprise his dad for his birthday.  They spent a day with my parents as well...it sounds like it was a busy couple of days for them!  Meanwhile I was here at home, sewing my heart out and reading cheap romance novels. I was reminded of a few things about me that I had sort of lost touch with and reconfirmed some things I did know...

:: I'm a morning person.  Even all by myself I'm up!

:: I really, truly turn into a pumpkin about 10pm.  It's getting worse as I get older...

:: Cooking for myself is waaaay different than cooking for my whole family...

:: I am not a big TV watcher.  The whole time they were gone I never turned the TV on.

:: I truly love to read...I spent hours on the couch with hot tea and a blanket!

:: I also truly love to make stuff!

:: My day to day life is pretty awesome, because even with the opportunity to change it all up I found myself happily doing the things I do daily...helping out here and there, lending my support, being with people

:: I like to be spoiled too!  One of my friends brought be some soup and bread one day and it seriously made my day!  I like to do that sort of thing, so it was fun to feel the joy that comes with being thought of!

Here are a few pictures to make this random post complete!

Peanut and I got *lots* of together time while we were home alone...


It snowed...in between downpours!


The story behind this bowl makes me teary.  I can't find the words to tell it today...suffice it to say, this town forgives...


Sunshine in Anchorage on the way to pick up my family at the airport...


Sleepy kiddos after 5 days of fun in Washington...



Skies along Turnagain Arm rarely disappoint...


Outside my window right now (3:30pm)...


 We start gaining daylight in just 6 more days!  Hold on.  We can do this!!

Comments