Book Review--For Such a Time


For Such a Time
by Kate Breslin

This is Breslin's first novel and I have to say she's earned a spot on my 'must read' authors list.  Breslin develops her characters well.  So well that I felt I might know Hadassah Benjamin if I bumped into her on the street.  In Hadassah, Breslin has created a character who is so real that readers can't help but fall in love with her and root for her when times get tough in this book.

Set in 1944 in Czchoslovakia, the story explores many of the heavy issues of the time while also highlighting God's presence and goodness, even in hard times.  Hadassah finds herself spared some dire consequences as a result of her looks, but she still must stand by and watch her own people suffer.  Finally she can hide no longer and we find out what a strong woman Hadassah is.  I truly recommend this book!

Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. 

Comments