The Sunshine Awards

I met Amanda a while back through a group of bloggers I follow.  Her blog is so fun and I am addicted to her Instagram feed! She did a post over spring break titled "Sunshine Awards" and she invited me to participate.  I am a bit of an odd blogger, I guess...I am not into "growing" my blog and having a bazillion readers.  I always intended to keep it small, family and friends.  I have enjoyed getting to know a few people through various blogging networks though!

The way the Sunshine Awards work is a bit reminiscent of an old fashioned chain letter...you answer some questions and then ask others to answer some questions.  I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy in the chain letter department and I don't know 11 other bloggers to tag, but I'll play along and answer the questions for fun!!

11 Random Facts About Me

1.  I was born in Idaho and I *love* potatoes.  Coincidence?  I think not!
2.  My dream job is to be a children's board game tester...seriously!
3.  When I am working on a big project I always hit a point where I want to throw the whole thing away and forget about it.  When I push through that point I feel a huge sense of satisfaction.
4.  I like to pretend I am an artist...
5.  5 years in Alaska and I still love the snow!
6.  I love books and used book stores.
7.  My other dream job would be to run a coffeshop/bookstore/fabric store.
8.  At least once a week I wake up in the middle of the night and have to read to fall back asleep.
9.  I love taking my kids outside--I love to watch (and listen) to them explore nature.
10.  My camera is my third child.
11.  If I were rich I would hire a maid to mop, dust, and change the sheets on the bunk beds.  All other chores I don't really mind. 

11 Questions to Answer…

1. What do you do for relaxation?
          Read, browse Pinterest, craft, bake, go outside.
2. What was the last project you completed?
          Kelsey's birthday dress.
3. What is your favorite thing about babies?
          They are still...and content in that stillness.  As and adult I often feel like I have to be constantly moving and productive.
4. What is your favorite meal you make?
          I don't have a favorite to make--anything I am looking forward to eating I enjoy making!
5. What is your significant other’s favorite meal you make?
          Breakfast casserole...it's delicious!
6. Have you done any holistic healing?
          Nope.  Not unless you count eating real food. That's about it.
7. What is your favorite season?
          Winter.  I love the nesting and hunkering down at home.
8. Where is one place you want to see before you die?   
          Since I can only pick one I'll be really broad...Europe!
9. Why did you start blogging?
          To keep friends and family up to date when we moved from Washington to Alaska.
10. Who is your idol blogger?
          I love, love, love Meg Duerksen from Whatever.  If I could sit down for coffee with her...
11. How long can you do a handstand?
         0 seconds unless my hubby spots me (read: unless my hubby holds my feet)

Comments