I Made an Afghan


The pictures here are not the best...too dark outside!  I love those nice light pictures on some blogs...people who live much nearer the equator than I do.  Even those lovely, bright interior shorts, with no gargantuan TV or treadmill in the background.  And no bird climbing on their finished works, either.  Oh well.  Real life here, folks! 

I picked this pattern and this yarn at the spur of the moment.  After I started it, I realized you really can't see the chevrons with the variegated yarn.  Oh well...it crocheted up fairly quickly and I had fun so there!  Turns out my wise Grandma Paul was right...an afghan is a perfect thing to crochet in the winter!



Since this is a (little bit late) Christmas gift, it is all boxed up and will soon be on its way...I may have tried it out one night though.  It's nice and warm...hope it keeps you warm too, Kael!!

Comments

  1. Hello! I just created a closed Facebook group for Alaskan bloggers and I would love for you to join us there! It serves two purposes: it's a place to support each other and "talk shop" about blogging, and it will make it easy to coordinate for special local blogging projects and events.

    I am currently assessing interest in a Blogging Concentrated conference in Anchorage in 2014 or 2015. Even if that doesn't interest you, I'd love to "meet" you online and have you add your Alaskan blogger friends.

    You can find the group by searching "Alaska Bloggers" or clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660041177368443/

    (beautiful afghan, btw!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment