Getting Ready for Christmas

On Christmas Eve eve we finished the last of the making...


On Christmas Eve we made (more!) cookies.  At this point we were all pretty much done making and eating cookies, but the girls wanted to make some gingerbread men so we did.  We had spent the previous week making oodles of cookies and other treats with our bible study group in Girdwood and our church group here in Whittier to give to workers at Alyeska and folks around Whittier.  So we took these gingerbread men to Christmas Eve services to share.



Scott was so excited to give me my gift that he insisted I open it on Christmas Eve...


Notice all that birthday paper under our tree?  Yeah...so funny!  Why do kids want to wrap birthday presents in Christmas paper and vice versa?  I dunno...

I wasn't so sure I wanted to open it early, but I went along with it.  Kind of.  I opened it with my eyes closed!


But I finally opened them...


New mixer!!  I made some bread right away to try it out, of course!  Before we knew it, Santa was arriving in his big yellow firetruck!






The first time they've ever both sat on his lap willingly!  From here it was off to church and then home to bed...where the stockings were hung by the birdcage with care...


Comments