::right now::

Happy Halloween, friends! I am a day late here, but here I am.  I had a feverish, teary little girl with me yesterday.  So sad.  My heart breaks every time my kids are sick.  They're such different little people and they handle being sick so differently, but they both break my heart in their own way.  My mind is a bit scrambled today...it's here and there and everywhere, but right now I am...

:: listening to Andy Stanley as a podcast...I am addicted to his messages


 :: planning to (and a bit excited to) dress up in an actual costume (of sorts) for Halloween for the first time in...forever


:: excited to read all of these good books that have arrived in my mailbox and via the hands of friends this week



:: listing the groceries I need to buy this weekend...it's a long list!

:: thankful that my little people are healthy enough to attend tonight's festivities

:: grateful for the little moments in which I find my strength and purpose

:: looking forward to a month of gratitude--as an adult, Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .



This morning I ran a little errand and then I just kept right on walking.  I ended up in this little spot, one of my favorite spots here in Whittier, along the banks of Whittier Creek.  It was lightly sprinkling and right here the rushing water is so loud it drowns out nearly everything else...it was just what I needed after a day yesterday of such emotional exhaustion.


One last thing...this jumped out at me this morning as I was reading...maybe someone else out there needs this verse today, too...

source via Pinterest

Comments

  1. LOVE Andy Stanley's messages... and the Divergent series- just finished it this week! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment