All Things Prairie-Like


 I have to admit...I'm living a motherhood dream over here!  You know, when the stars are in perfect alignment and your kid(s) momentary passion is one of your own childhood passions?  Yup, happening here right now!  Enter all things pioneer!  No joke...to this day if I could play dress-up as a pioneer girl all day long I would.  Long dress, bonnet, button-up boots, slate, braids, tin lunch pail, the whole 9 yards.

A while back we accidentally stumbled upon Little House on the Prairie airing on TV.  For a few weekends we timed it right and tuned in as a family and the girls loved it!  Of course, TV programming changes and we can't find it any more.  Enter Netflix!  This weekend the girls' DVD was disc one of season one.  Four episodes.  They were in heaven!  Immediately they dove into playing "Mary and Laura".  Saturday night I couldn't help myself and I whipped up two of these bonnets using this tutorial...


Obviously, I'm having a little too much fun...


Kelsey wore hers all day.  She had asked to wear it to church and I said she could.  At the last minute she changed her mind, but that was pretty much the only time all day it wasn't on...


And now I'm looking at this pattern...

from McCall's
...and wondering if I should whip up some pioneer dresses.  So far I am thinking no...that's my fantasy, not theirs.  They're happy with their dresses so far. But maybe just the aprons...;-)

Now...off to find a tutorial for a 'sleeping hat' like Mary & Laura wear.  K is insistent...

Comments

  1. Love it! Right now we're going through the audio books as a family, when we're in the car together. :) The stories are so, so sweet. ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment