Book Review: A Home for My Heart





A Home for My Heart
by Anne Mateer

Sadie Sillsby remembers.  She remembers that her mother was a prostitute. She remembers being in jail with her mother.  She remembers being rescued from that jail cell and being taken to the Raystown Home for Orphan and Friendless Children.  Sadie is all grown up now, working at the very place that sheltered her as a child.  Her world is about to be rocked though, as she is forced to choose between her beau Blaine and her beloved home.

I wanted to love this story.  Truly I did!  There was just too much going on in this storyline for me though.  Too many side stories that didn't gel well together for me.  It is a sweet story, just not one that I will read over and over.

Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.  

Comments