Belated {this moment}

Ugh.  You know, usually I love scrolling back through pictures of the week and reflecting.  I enjoy choosing a moment to post here.  Last week though...the moments I wanted to remember were few and far between!  It was a rough one around here, people.  The best day was Thursday, when we spent all day in town after having been up until 10pm the night before and not sleeping in.  Yeah.  When that's your best day, you're nearing the bottom of the barrel, folks!

As I look back on it, I can pinpoint a few things that made the week tough.  It was mostly rainy, the kids were super-excited for the start of school today, they were coming down with the first cold of the season, and they were super-excited for the start of school.  Oh.  Did I already mention they were looking forward to the start of school?  That excitement, when paired with no real outlet for the energy created by it and then layered with feeling crummy, made for a week of fighting, arguing, yelling, and general malcontent.  When I tucked the kids into bed on Friday night and passed the torch to Scott as I headed to work on Saturday morning I felt like I had run a marathon.  But.  We all made it out the other side alive!  So...with all of that and some distance between that week and me here's the moment...

{this moment} - A weekly ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.  

Inspired by SouleMama.
 
 

Comments