Sewing, Lately

Guess what...I haven't quit sewing!  I know it has been awhile since I've shared any sewing projects with you, but here a few recent ones...

First up...my epic fail!  I am *in love* with these birds and made this Geranium Dress for Stacy out of them.  However, I forgot the old adage "measure twice, cut once" and made a dress that would have fit almost 5 year old Stacy, but does certainly not fit almost 6 year old Stacy.  Oh well...try again and find someone to share this one with!


Next up, epic success for Stacy!  She's been wanting a denim jumper for quite some time, but they're apparently out of style and impossible to purchase.  Enter Goodwill!  I bought this pair of overalls when we were down in Washington in February.  I chopped it off and added this tiered skirt...she loves it.  And it fits!


And finally...a dress for me!  I have no idea where I am going to wear it, but I bought this fabric at the sidewalk sale at Fabric Depot in Portland last summer and knew it was a dress for me.  I've been contemplating the Washi Dress pattern for a while and finally took the plunge.  I added on to the bodice a bit so it would hit me a little lower...I'm not big into empire waists.


Yes...I am that pasty.  No photoshopping there!  I made a muslin and thought I liked it, but next time I'd go for a smaller size for a bit more fitted top...  It is shirred in the back so I thought it was going to 'suck up' a bit more than it did.  The other issue is that it's a quilting-weight cotton so it doesn't drape well.  Live and learn...and wash it a lot until it softens up! The way the weather has been I have plenty of time before I'll be able to wear it any place.  Totally wear-able though!  I must be getting better at taking pictures of myself...only took me twenty shots to get this one halfway decent one.  Or maybe I'm lowering my standards?? 

Comments

  1. I was going to shamelessly suggest that the dress that does not fit almost 6 Stacy would be perfect for the soon to be 4 Evie but then she stepped on my bare feet twice and reality smacked me upside the head and pointed out that nearly 4 Evie is probably broader than almost 6 Stacy. Oh well, it is an adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...probably! That's too bad, 'cause it's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment