Celebrate!!

Just in case you somehow missed it (ha!) Stacy turned 6 last Wednesday.  We celebrated with some friends on Wednesday night and then had a birthday party on Saturday.  As usual, her gift from us was her birthday dress, another Twirly Dress from Sew Baby. 


I made these cool streamers from this tutorial to decorate for her celebrations...


And I made her '6' cake...because it is what she wanted!


One of the funny things about her birthday was that she insisted that I dress up, too!  So I wore this dress all day...totally comfy and I love the dress, just not my usual daily wear.


Then on Saturday we had a 'friends party' as the girls dubbed it.  We played games...this 'pin the candle on the cupcake' and lots of board games, too.  It was important to Stacy that it not be a 'wild' party.  At Kelsey's party there was a bit of madness with balloons and kids bonking each other on the head with them and it really made Stacy uncomfortable for some reason.  She requested no balloons at all, decorative or otherwise, so we packed up some of our games since she *loves* to play games!


We also decorated and ate cupcakes...



Then we did a bit of dancing...the Chicken Dance, the hand jive, YMCA, the twist...lots of fun!  Stacy danced until she fell down...


Then we thanked our friends, cleaned up, and went home to open presents.  Stacy has the most expressive face...I love these next two shots because they capture her silly, fun-loving personality.



So...happy birthday my sweet, silly, fun-loving, adventurous 6 year old.  We love you more every day!

Comments

  1. HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY STACY. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD ALOT OF FUN. SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY--HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE IT NEXT YEAR :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment