Recovering...

After I posted last week about my adventure with strep throat I ended up taking Stacy to the doctor the next day where she received an identical diagnosis.  I felt horrible...so sad for her and so guilty for somehow bringing home the bug in the first place.  Not that I could have prevented it, but still.  Being sick stinks and there's just no way around it.  Thankfully she felt much better after a couple of doses of antibiotics, too.  And so far (fingers crossed it stays that way!) Scott and Kelsey haven't gotten sick.

Here are some things we did to pass the time as we both recovered.

I finished this embroidery for a friend's birthday....


We painted heart prints using creased toiled paper tubes....


We went ice skating...


We tried out these snow markers we got for Christmas...

by Kelsey
collaborative heart
random green squiggles...'random' is one of Kelsey's favorite words right now
this is a mama original
by Kelsey

And we made snow ice cream...


It was a nice weekend...I am so grateful that we have the flexibility in our lives to just 'be'.  When we're sick we can relax, unplug (or plug in to a movie!) and let our bodies focus on healing.  Aside from not getting sick in the first place, what can be better than that??

Comments