Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, blog!  I've been sharing our life in this space for 3 years...wow!  Kudos to you if you keep on coming back to read my ramblings.  Thank you for taking time out of your day to check in on us and thank you for your patience with me as I have grown through this.

Of course this weekend was another birthday...mine!  I will fess up right now and tell you that I am absolutely a kid about my birthday.  Aside from my kiddos' birthdays it is my favorite day of the year!  Scott was so sweet and took the day off (he's been deck handing on the weekends for a friend of his who is running a bit short-handed this summer) to be home with us.  He and the girls worked hard to make my day extra-special from the time I got up until the time I went to bed.

I was showered with gifts, favorite foods, bubble baths, cards, hugs, kisses, cuddles, and even lunch out!  It was everything I could have asked for in a birthday, complete with calls and messages from so many special family members and friends.  Thank you everyone!


I will admit that I made my own birthday cake because I wanted to completely indulge...everyone should have this awesome dessert at least once in their lives...absolutely decadent!  Here...take a closer look!


The name of it should give you a hint as to its scrumptiousness...is that even a word?  Regardless, it's the Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Brownie Bars.  See??  Whip some up, cut enough for you and each member of your family and then give the rest away to some unsuspecting person.  Otherwise you won't be able to sleep knowing such chocolatey peanut butter goodness is in your house!  Enjoy!

Comments