Skirt!

Look!  I sewed something for me.  I really like this skirt...really!  I used this tutorial from Crafterhours, one of my daily reads.  The skirt is cute and comfy.  My self-photography skills are not so hot, however!  I always take a ton of pictures and then end up with a few (if any) that I like at the end.  Oh well...the post is about the skirt, not me!


So yes, apparently I have it on a little crooked in this picture.  See what I mean?!?!  And please pardon my pasty whiteness...I live in Alaska, remember!

Anyway, it is cut on the bias and I love the drape that gives it...a nice basic piece to add to my wardrobe.  I have been trying to wear more skirts since my little fashionistas began asking me why grownups never do.  Not sure why, but that comment really bothered me!


Instead of a bulky elastic waistband (cause who wants more bulk in that area??) this utilizes a foldover knit waistband.  Super comfy!  I didn't have any navy blue knit laying around, so I used turquoise...a little pop of color without an extra layer.

I am thinking about one in a khaki color now...

Comments

  1. OMG you make me hard, just jacked off to your pictures

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment