Juneau, Round 2

It's been quiet around here, hasn't it?  Sorry about that!  I made a return trip to Juneau last week to continue to lobby our state legislature for additional funding for our schools.  It was a very busy few days, followed by a very busy few days here at home.  I'm just now finding the time to sit down and write about it all!

Like my last trip, this one consisted of two days of training and two days of lobbying.  I was trying to explain to someone the other day the adrenaline high I find myself on during these trips.  I feel like I'm always a bit short on sleep and then there's the high of meeting with the movers and shakers of our state.  When it's all over I always feel a bit like I've hit a wall and I collapse on my couch at home and the girls crawl all over me!

When I left Whittier I was being chased by a blizzard...when I arrived home there was bare pavement in places!  There were crocus blooming in Juneau.  Since arriving home I've been for my first outdoor run of the season and the girls have been out for a springtime bike ride.  While we know it could (and probably will!) snow again, we are still enjoying this bit of spring!

crocus in Juneau
first ride of the season
Now we're settling back into our routine, though I don't know if things are going to slow down much.  It's getting to be that time of year when the pace of life picks up a notch or two!  The ferry schedule is picking up, summer folks are starting to return to town, and it's just a few weeks until the cruise ships will be back.  Spring is in the air!!

Comments