Something to think about...

One of the things I love to do is to sit down in the morning with a cup of coffee and check in on a few of my favorite blogs. Something about reading their reflections and insights into their children's play, growth, and development puts me a good frame of mind for the rest of the day. When we're running late to take Kelsey to school, it helps me take a deep breath and let her try once more to tie Stacy's shoe for her without getting impatient. And of course that time it works, it's tied, she feels great about helping her sister, and Stacy is pleased to helped. Those are the moments I work for each day...when I could choose to be the crabby mom or the loving mom. I strive to be the loving mom.

Today when someone shared this link on Facebook, I immediately subscribed to her (Magicial Childhood) feed in my Google Reader for future morning reading. I love this article and how it brings us back to what really matters for kids. It was written 9 years ago, but is even more relevant today in the face of NCLB, funding cuts to education, and all of that.

So dear reader, here you go...What should a 4 year old know? I hope you enjoy her post as much as I did!

And just to make you smile, here are my two monkeys in dress up clothes at school last week. They were learning about different jobs people do, and the tools they need for those jobs.

Comments