Pony Rides

If you've been around my kids for more than 5 minutes you've probably picked up on the fact that they *love* animals! From bugs to lions, they're fascinated by them all. On Friday we checked out the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage. It was lots of fun, with the petting zoo being the highlight of the entire trip. You can check out photos here if you haven't already seen them.

Since I'm a teacher through and through, I've used this love of animals to also spark an interest in non-fiction reading. You know you're a teacher when you steer your kids towards books at the library thinking "This book has great text features!". But library steering aside, both girls area bit infatuated by horses. Naturally then, the trip to the Anchorage Market with Moo Grandpa to take part in the pony rides was bound to be a success. And it was! Both girls were delighted to get to ride the ponies. As the story was retold to every human being who would listen, Stacy described in detail her lack of fear and even pointed out that "It was a live horse, too!" to distinguish for her listeners that this was NOT a carousel horse ride! Kelsey has been planning the acquisition of her own horse for quite some time now, so another pony ride as only served to strengthen her equine desires.

waiting

happy to be riding

happy to be riding

waving to her fans

waving to her fans

Comments

  1. Looks like they could be future parade stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelsey and Stacy,

    I would like a horse of my own too. If you figure out how to get your daddy to buy you one please tell me how. I will let you know how if I get my Daddy to buy me one but my Mama just says "no". Looks like you had fun!

    Love,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment