The Making of a Quilt--Day ??

It's done!!!

I've chronicled the making of this quilt on the blog as I've gone along.

Step One
Step Two
Step Three
Step Four
Step Five

And for too long it's been sitting next to the couch, waiting for me to hand stitch the binding. Well I got with it the last few days and here it is! Part of this big experiement was that I didn't pre-shrink any of the fabric like I usually do. So here's the completed quilt before I washed it.

And here it is after I washed it.


Overall, I'm very pleased with the results! I like how it shrunk up and looks a little more 'vintage'. The effect works well with the fabrics and is an effect I like. Now...what to do with it???

Comments

  1. Wow! Looks great, Andrea! I, too, like the way it looks after laundering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment