This Week's Recipe--Chocolate Chip Cookies

photo from foodnetwork.com

Gosh--it's been *weeks* since I have shared an Alton Brown recipe with you! Lately he's been making all sorts of un-Korbe-like foods: lobster, crawfish, lamb, etc. But in between all of that there were cookies. Chocolate chip cookies. You knew I had to try those out, didn't you? And don't worry--I bought Scott an Alton Brown cookbook for his birthday so we'll have plenty of new Alton recipes to try out as soon as it arrives in the 'ol mailbox.

Alton is such an over-achiever that he has two versions of this recipe. There's also a "puffy" version. This one is referred to as the "chewy" version.

The Recipe
You can print his recipe here. It doesn't cut and paste well and I am too lazy to re-type it!

Andrea's Kitchen
It's an interesting recipe in that it calls for bread flour (which I actually had!) and melting the butter, then chilling the dough. I followed his recipe as it appears, right down to that bread flour.

The Verdict
The best cookies ever! That's all there is to it! Up until now I've used the recipe on the back of the Nestle bag...good, but not the best. These are by far the best cookies I've ever made. They were still chewy the next day...I love chewy chocolate chip cookies! You've gotta try these! If you don't love them, I'll give you your money back--no questions asked!

Comments

  1. I was just thinking about making chocolate chip cookies after we cleaned out the pantry and found a Costco bag of chocolate chips! Perfact recipe for me at just the right time! They are very yummy! They don't seem chewy, but I love them just the same! Thanks for the recipe idea!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment